Vaion was founded in February 2018 by a very experienced team to revolutionise a multi-billon dollar security market with bleeding edge hardware and software, applying the latest advancements within machine learning, computer vision and design. Right now we are in the process of strengthening the initial engineering and commercial team for our product, so this is an incredible opportunity to get stuck in with an exciting and innovative company right from the beginning. You will get to work with engineers, entrepreneurs and sellers who for the last two decades have built world class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $270 million, $3.4 billion and most recently $700 million. We know how to challenge and disrupt an existing technology market and have fun on the way.
Location: Oslo, Norway or Uxbridge, London, UK
We are looking for an outstanding Technical Writer to join our team.
You will be starting from scratch to document a product line as it’s being developed and play a major part in defining our documentation and communication strategy.
You will want to create really compelling product documentation which is refreshingly clear to read, easy to maintain and which uses a delivery method that distinguishes us from our competitors. As a self-starter who is passionate about communications and writing, you will enjoy working alongside the development team to challenge and improve the way products in our industry are documented.
Are you this person?
The role requires a combination of writing, design, project management, and execution skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a highly technical environment.
- Play a leading role in defining our company documentation strategy
- Develop and maintain a copy style guideline for use across the business
- Create technical end user product documentation and training materials
- Review content and provide editorial support for white papers
- Maintain standards and consistency in all technical documentation
- Provide support and advice on documentation on an ad hoc basis
- Work very closely with the R&D team to document features even as they’re being developed
- Develop an understanding of all Vaion products and how they are deployed together
- Collaborate with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
- You will also be encouraged to voice your opinions on usability or if a feature is difficult to document!
Desirable experience and skills
We think you could be a good fit if you are or have..
- An experienced Technical Author, preferably within the enterprise technology or security industry
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a technical writing role, producing both internal and public-facing content on highly technical subject matter
- A good Honours degree and or higher degrees preferably in a science, engineering or computer related discipline, ideally plus a qualification in, or associated with, technical writing or user interaction
- Excellent English with proven advanced skills in grammar, technical editing and the concise use of language
- Demonstrated ability to research and distil technical information and present it in a way appropriate to the target audience’s level of understanding
- Proactive self-motivator, with the proven ability to work alone with minimum supervision and guidance, and to understand and prioritise tasks
- Awareness of the issues in developing documentation for non- native English readers
- Proficient with online help systems
- Professional experience with authoring tools and repository management, i.e. madcap FLARE
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical subject matter experts
- A technical / science background or interest
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Opportunity to help define our documentation strategy
- Full time position
- Competitive salary
- Visa Sponsorship available
How to apply:
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for us, please email a CV and portfolio to Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org.Our interview process is very informal - don't bother wearing a business suit! Just come prepared to talk about your experience, interest in technology, and meet our team.