Senior Software Engineer
Vaion was founded in February 2018 by a very experienced team to revolutionise a multi-billon dollar security market with bleeding edge hardware and software, applying the latest advancements within machine learning, computer vision and design. Right now we are in the process of strengthening the initial engineering and commercial team for our product, so this is an incredible opportunity to get stuck in with an exciting and innovative company right from the beginning. You will get to work with engineers, entrepreneurs and sellers who for the last two decades have built world class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $270 million, $3.4 billion and most recently $700 million. We know how to challenge and disrupt an existing technology market and have fun on the way.
Location: West London
We are looking for an experienced software developer who is looking for a new challenge or to work on products in a new technology area. You will get the opportunity to work alongside a small but very fast growing team including some highly experienced industry professionals who are building a new platform that will disrupt a very major segment of the security industry market.
We want to hire engineers who can question the ‘status quo’ and propose new and innovative ways to address old problems. We are not looking for any specific industry experience but you need to be a self starter and willing to become proficient in new technologies and tools quickly. We are looking for the person who is not afraid to take on responsibility leading the development for areas of the product and to try out new ideas.
You will be a passionate technologist with impressive programming abilities, you are willing to challenge current thinking, go beyond the current project plan and develop your own ideas with original and innovative thinking.
Desirable experience and skills
We are looking for someone with experience in some or all of the following areas..
- Developed patented technology in previous roles
- Extensive knowledge of C with C++, Rust and/or Golang is required.
- Interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep neural networks and computer vision, and follow the latest developments in these rapidly evolving fields.
- Experience with one or more machine learning software stacks e.g. Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, and Torch
- Experience with computer vision, in areas such as advanced image processing, feature and object detection, face recognition
- Bleeding edge technical challenge
- Immediate input into product development
- Competitive salary
- Visa Sponsorship available
How to apply:
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for us, please email a CV and portfolio to Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org.Our interview process is very informal - don't bother wearing a business suit! Just come prepared to talk about your experience, interest in technology, and meet our team.