Commercial Operations Manager
Vaion was founded in February 2018 by a very experienced team to revolutionise a multi-billon dollar security market with bleeding edge hardware and software, applying the latest advancements within machine learning, computer vision and design. Right now we are in the process of strengthening the initial engineering and commercial team for our product, so this is an incredible opportunity to get stuck in with an exciting and innovative company right from the beginning. You will get to work with engineers, entrepreneurs and sellers who for the last two decades have built world class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $270 million, $3.4 billion and most recently $700 million. We know how to challenge and disrupt an existing technology market and have fun on the way.
Location: Oslo, Norway
We are looking for an outstanding Commercial Operations Manager with 2-4 years experience to join our team.
You are fantastic at getting stuff done, have very strong analytical capabilities and you are fearless when it comes to technology.
You are motivated by having the opportunity to affect our company’s performance by building our pricing and offers from scratch.
You are structured enough to evaluate, select and implement the right tools and agreements to support the configuration, pricing, quoting, ordering and shipping of our products world wide.
You will want to dive into product and portfolio performance details to understand what’s going on and provide insightful analysis to support your decisions and guide the product team.
You are great at numbers and with people.
Are you this person?
- Define and maintain our pricing and offer structure worldwide
- Perform the analysis required to understand how we can price product and structure offers to maximize revenue and profits
- Understand available solutions for quote-to-cash support tools and help select and implement what best suits our needs
- Put in place partner contracts and resolve issues with these and with commercial operations
- Perform market analysis on competitive pricing and products
- Work with sales and customers to understand their requirements and help set the right product priorities
- Provide insightful analysis on overall sales, product and portfolio performance to give insight into how the company is performing and to guide overall product decisions
- Look for opportunities to grow a business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities
Desirable experience and skills
- MSc, MBA or BA with experience from field is required
- 2-4 years of experience from management consulting or a pricing role or similar background
- A proven track record of “getting things done”
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to get executive level support as well as build trust in the field
- Superior analytical capabilities - ability to analyze internal and external data quickly to provide sound, effective and insightful recommendations
- High energy level and a positive mindset, with the ability to operate consistently at a high performance level with a sense of urgency, and a sense of humor
- Ability to create, structure and drive your own agenda
- A strong team player that enjoys working closely with people from other regions and functions
- High level of integrity - a strong sense of what’s right for the business
- Working with a product that we believe will change this industry forever
- Working with a product that offers unique value with a combination of cutting edge and custom designed hardware and software
- International working environment and plenty opportunity for travel
- Full time position
- Competitive salary
- Visa Sponsorship available
How to apply:
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for us, please email a CV and portfolio to Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org.Our interview process is very informal - don't bother wearing a business suit! Just come prepared to talk about your experience, interest in technology, and meet our team.