Vaion was founded in February 2018 by a very experienced team to revolutionize a multi-billion dollar security market with bleeding edge hardware and software, applying the latest advancements within machine learning, computer vision, and design. Right now, we are in the process of strengthening the initial engineering and commercial team for our product, so this is an incredible opportunity to enter an exciting and innovative company right from the beginning. Join us if you want to challenge and disrupt an existing technology market and have fun on the way.
The Vaion Pre-Sales Engineer is a passionate technologist with a knack for explaining deep security and networking concepts to an audience of technical and business stakeholders. Our Pre-Sales Engineers are a critical part of our sales process, working alongside our professional sales team. Pre-Sales Engineers evangelize the technical aspects of the Vaion portfolio as well as peripheral knowledge of ancillary systems like access control and facial recognition software. An ideal candidate can learn new technologies quickly and incorporate them into our sales motion.
We think you could be a good fit if you are passionate about…
- Delivering presentations and demonstrations to prospects
- Conducting effective POCs for our customer opportunities – on-site, remote
- Working with Account Executives to close business to meet or exceed sales targets
- Answering technical questions as part of the sales and RFP processes
- Working with the internal development team to relay customer feedback and incorporate it into our agile development process
- Assisting in training our sales partners
- Support Partner installations, where needed, including API support
- Providing field level support, where needed, for hands/feet on the street (in conjunction with remote technical experts)
- Keeping informed of the competitive landscape
- Traveling up to 50% of the time
Desirable experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in math, science, or engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in pre-sales engineering with physical security solutions (Surveillance and/or Access Control).
- Experience with Milestone, Genetec, Exac, Avigilon, Axis, Hikvision, and other industry players a plus
- Start-up and Entrepreneurial experience encouraged
- Proven and quantifiable track record of success – technical and commercial
- Experience selling to mid-market, large enterprise, and public sector
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience as well as strong C-level/board level communications and relationship skills
- Good all-around knowledge of the security market
- Self-starter, goal-oriented and takes ownership
What we can offer
- Full-time role with a competitive base salary and sales commissions
- Stock options
- Flexibility to work from home
- Additional company benefits based on location
How to apply:
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for us, please email a CV and portfolio to Marcus at email@example.com.
Our interview process is very informal - don't bother wearing a business suit! Just come prepared to talk about your experience, interest in technology, and meet our team.